Traffic & More
Despite the efforts of the organisers to reduce the nuisance to a minimum, it is possible that you may experience some difficulties during the Venloop. In order to inform you in advance of what you may expect, this page gives more information about various matters.
The routes for the races on Sunday can be found on this page.
Walkers taking part in Saturday's events will use public roads and pathways, so roads will be limited closed off. Please note it will not be possible to cross from Deken van Oppensingel to Spoorstraat and vice versa.
The area allocated for the start and finish on both Saturday (walkers) and Sunday (runners) is very close to Centraal Station (trains) and the bus station. We advise participants and spectators to travel to Venlo using public transport.
In consultation with the organisers and the municipality of Venlo, public transport operator Arriva has decided to re-route or temporarily cancel a number of services during the Weir Venloop. The up-to-date list of bus services and times on Sunday will be published on this page at a later date.
Parking for visitors to Venlo
If you do decide to come to the centre of Venlo by car, please note that the car parks Centrum Maasboulevard, Roermondsepoort and Maaswaard won't be accessible between 13.45 and 14.45 hrs on Sunday 15 May. The Arsenaal car park will be inaccessible throughout the entire day.
The parking facilities of Q-park Nolensplein and Blok van Gent are accessible as usual on Sunday, 15 May, via Sint Urbanusweg.
Parking for participants Venloop
Two large parking facilities will be provided for participants in the Weir Venloop on 29 March 2020:
- Stadion De Koel (football stadium) – Kaldenkerkerweg 182 – 5915 AH Venlo
- Kazerneterrein (former barracks) Venlo – Garnizoenweg 3 – 5928 NA Venlo
A shuttle bus service will operate to and from the start and finish areas between 09.30 - 18.00 hrs.
To ensure the routes are completely traffic-free, a parking ban will apply to certain areas along the route. Parking is among other things forbidden in the following areas:
- Hertog Reinoudsingel from Krefeldsebaan up to and including roundabout Familiekerk (church) – both sides of the road entirely (+ central reservation)
- Hertog Reinoudsingel from roundabout Familiekerk (church) up to Groenveldsingel (same direction as route only – parking is possible in the other direction)
- Stalbergweg from roundabout Laaghuissingel up to Van Millenstraat
- All of the Van Millenstraat
- Burgemeester Houbenstraat from Van Millenstraat up to Laaghuissingel
- Gasthuiskampstraat from Krefeldsebaan up to junction with Straelseweg
The parking ban will be lifted as soon as possible after the final runners have passed.