Information Vividus Fysiotherapie Running Academy
The de Weir Venloop organises the Vividus Fysiotherapie Running Academy for the 15th time in a row. There are various training groups for all levels and all ages, for the half marathon as well as for the 10 km, and even for the 5 km. Much attention is spent on injury prevention, nutrition and of course a responsible build-up schedule with regards to training.
Together with our medical partner Vividus Fysiotherapie we ensure a comprehensive and responsible programme focusing on physical fitness, injury prevention, training principles and associated topics. If you are suffering from an injury you can attend their free consultation in Venlo. This is held every Monday and Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Group training is held four times a week. The training will commence from early September at Sportpark Vrijenbroek in Venlo. Track training will be on Monday at 6 p.m., Wednesday at 9.15 a.m. and Wednesday at 8 p.m. An endurance run will be held on Saturday at 9.30 a.m. During registration the participant will be asked which weekday training they prefer. In practice the participant is free to decide themselves which training they attend. It is therefore possible to follow a track training on both Monday and Wednesday and to do an endurance run on Saturday.
During the first 13 weeks the training will be held over two groups, namely beginners and advanced. As the end of the year approaches, our trainers will ask you which distance you wish to run during the Weir Venloop 2020, and will adjust the groups accordingly. We can also offer an extra trainer for each training nearer the time if the group size and/or differences in level require this.
The Vividus Fysiotherapie Running Academy training will start from September 2019. We have once again selected Sportpark Vrijenbroek to be the training location this year. This location offers a wide range of pleasant training routes in the area, changing rooms and catering facilities of the partners affiliated with the Sportpark.
The Vividus Fysiotherapie Running Academy in a nutshell:
- Various weekly training sessions will be held with expert trainers from early September 2019 until the Weir Venloop 2020
- Various tests under the supervision of our qualified trainers
- Groups made on the basis of condition and/or running experience
- Information about training principles, nutrition, clothing, injury prevention and associated topics
- Joint participation in and coaching at various preparation runs
- Free participation in the traditional pasta party on Friday 27 March 2020
- A € 10 reduction when purchasing a functional Venloop shirt (maximum of one shirt per participant, regular sales price is € 20 but can be purchased for only € 10 via the registration module of the Running Academy)
- Expert support of Vividus Fysiotherapie
- Guaranteed participation in the Weir Venloop 2020
Costs: € 80
Costs for students: € 20
Please note: the Vividus Fysiotherapie Running Academy is not connected to the registration for the Weir Venloop itself. Participants in the Vividus Fysiotherapie Running Academy must register themselves separately for this. This can be done via our website from 1 August 2019. If someone misses out and can no longer register, that person still has the option to register via firstname.lastname@example.org (no later than 31 January 2020).