Challenge: Take 10,000 steps today
How much exercise do you need per day? And how many steps a day is healthy? According to the Japanese doctor Yoshiro Hatano, 10,000 steps per day will get you fit.
10,000 steps a day is equivalent to about 7 to 8 kilometres. Chances are that on training days you can easily achieve this, but what about on all the other days of the year? Exactly! That's why today's challenge is for you to take 10,000 steps today.
Do you find that some days it is harder than you thought? Here are some tips from us for you to reach the 10,000 steps every day:
- Go for a walk during your lunch break. Together with a colleague is the best way to go, but you can also go alone!
- Leave the car or bike at home and walk to your appointment/supermarket/work. If you work far away, park your car a block away and walk the last part.
- It is so tempting to take the elevator. But take the stairs for a change. You will see that you get used to it and it is also very good for your glutes.
- Make an extra round along the coffee machine. You'll make your colleagues happy too!
- Do you have to make a lot of phone calls for work? Then take a little stroll around the office in the meantime.
Heb jij zelf ook een tip voor je mede hardlopers? Deel deze dan met email@example.com of via social media @venloop #Venloopadventskalender!
Do you have a tip for your fellow runners? Share it with firstname.lastname@example.org or via social media @venloop #Venloopadventskalender!
Let's get moving!